Sunday 16 November 2014

A long road to a blog likely to be considered controversial

It's more than 10 years since I first realised that the British Military was engaged in terrorism.

That realisation I first expressed in a poem entitled "Reichstag 2001" which was published in February 2003 on the Poets Against The War website in what was part of an international effort to avert the Iraq War of 2003.

My first public expression about British Military Terrorism in the poem "Reichstag 2001" referred to "terrorists tax-paid"

Around that time I was vaguely aware that legal action was underway in the High Court in London with the aim of stopping the Iraq War. At the time my knowledge of the English Courts was essentially zero and my (naive) assumption was that the War wouldn't happen.

I was also aware of the huge march of 1,000,000 or more people against the Iraq War. Agaun I naively assumed that the proposed Iraq War wouldn't happen.

I was so naive that I couldn't conceive that Tony Blair would be so foolish and arrogant so as to conduct visible acts of terrorism in Iraq.

Of course, British Military Terrorism in Iraq (more commonly called the Iraq War) went ahead in 2003.

Like many in Britain I was stunned. And I was outraged.

Many of those who were appalled at Blair's actions accused him of "terrorism" but nobody, so far as I'm aware, sought to apply UK Law to Blair's actions.

As far as I can establish the advice of Lord Goldsmith, the then Attorney General, failed to  consider whether or not the proposed Iraq War would be terrrorism.

I first attempted to report Mr. Blair's terrorism in Iraq to the Police in or around November 2003 when I made an anonymous telephone call to the Police. I can date it reasonbly accurately since it was around the time of the visit by George W Bush to the UK.

My recollectoin of a short conversation is very hazy. What I do recall clearly are my feelings of embarrassment at not being taken seriously. I have no idea who I spoke to. And I very much doubt that any formal record was made of the conversation.

Somewhere around 2008 or 2009 I made a further anonymous telephone call to the Police, again attempting to have the Police investigate Mr. Blair's terrorism.

Same result. Embarrassment on my part. And, I suspect, no record made nor any action by the Police.

My first demonstrable actions with respect to bring Mr. Blair to account for his criminal terrorist acts in Iraq came in February 2010.

As I record here,
The Iraq Inquiry: Letter of 2nd February 2010 to Sir John Chilcot
and here
Terrorism Act 2000 Section 56 offences etc - Letter of 2nd February 2010 to Sir Paul Stephenson and John Yates
on 2nd February 2010 I wrote to both the Chilcot Inquiry and the Metropolitan Police formally reporting my concerns that Tony Blair and others had committed offences contrary to the Terrorism Act 2000.

Both the Chilcot Inquiry and the Metropolitan Police responded to those letters of 2nd February 2010.

The Chilcot Inquiry claimed that Crown Immunity applied and so there was, in their estimation, no terrorism.

The Metropolitan Police claimed that they had, in effect, absolute discretion as to which alleged crimes they investigated or not and thus quietly kicked the greatest crimes in UK history into touch.

The greatest crimes in UK history?

Yes, many billions of UK tax-payers' money has been spent on terrorism. Using money for the purposes of terrorism is a criminal offence.

Many hundreds of British soldiers have died as terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan. Those deaths dwarf, for example, the number of deaths in the Lockerbie Disaster.

Many thousands of Iraqis and Afghans have died as a result of British Military Terrorism. Those deaths too are, in significant measure, a direct result of Mr. Blair's terrorist acts.

I conclude that Tony Blair's terrorism in Afghanistan and Iraq (which were continued by David Cameron's terrorism in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya) were the greatest crimes in UK history.

In addition there is suggestive, although fragmentary, evidence that the British Military may have committed acts of terrorism in Syria before November 2012.

British Military Terrorists (often referred to as British Soldiers) should not, in my view, be above the Law.





No comments:

Post a Comment